Men’s Pelvic Health
Our comprehensive approach covers a range of areas including incontinence, overactive bladder, bowel dysfunction, pelvic pain, and erectile & sexual dysfunction.
You're not alone – here are some facts:
- 1 in 10 men may face continence or pelvic floor issues during their lifetime.
- After prostate cancer treatment, up to 70% of men may experience urinary incontinence.
- Overactive bladder affects 16% of males over 18.
- Prostatitis is the top urologic diagnosis in men under 50.
- Neuromuscular impairments like muscles, nerves, and tissue can contribute to pelvic pain in men (CPPS).
- More than half of men over 40 experience erectile dysfunction.
- Even elite athletes and runners can suffer from pelvic floor dysfunction, often due to a tight pelvic floor.
Our specialised physiotherapist provides a thorough assessment and diagnosis of these conditions, along with personalised guidance and treatment options:
- Pelvic floor muscle exercises post-prostatectomy: Physical activity can effectively manage symptoms and reduce recurrence risk after cancer treatment.
- Progressive pelvic floor muscle re-training with real-time ultrasound, EMG biofeedback & muscle stimulation.
- Overactive bladder management through bladder training.
- Acupuncture for bladder, bowel, and sexual dysfunction & pain.
- Targeted treatment for prostatitis and chronic pelvic pain.
- Manual therapy for pelvic & coccygeal pain.
Get In Touch
If you have any questions or would like to book an appointment then please get in touch. You can find all of our details below.