Responsible authority within the meaning of data protection laws, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
You may request to:
- Receive confirmation as to whether or not personal information concerning you is being processed and access your stored personal information, together with supplementary information.
- Receive a copy of personal information you directly volunteer to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Request rectification of your personal information that is in our control.
- Request erasure of your personal information.
- Object to the processing of personal information by us.
- Request to restrict the processing of your personal information by us.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
However, please note that these rights are not absolute and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights or receive more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our policies. Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable opportunity. Under applicable regulations, we will keep records containing client personal data, account opening documents, communications and anything else as required by applicable laws and regulations.
We may rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our own discretion.
Grounds for data collection
Processing of your personal information (i.e. any information which may potentially allow your identification through reasonable means; hereinafter “Personal Information“) is necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations towards you and providing you with our services, to protect our legitimate interests and for compliance with legal and financial regulatory obligations to which we are subject. Please note the legal grounds for processing personal information including but not limited to the processing of your name, address and email address to process an order.
All payment information submitted on our website is encrypted and processed by Stripe, our payment provider. This means we do not collect, access or process any payment data from you.
What information do we collect?
We collect two types of data and information from Users.
The first type of information is unidentified and non-identifiable information pertaining to a User(s), which may be made available or gathered via your use of the Site (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of a User from which the Non-personal Information was collected. Non-personal Information which is being collected may include your aggregated usage information and technical information transmitted by your device, including certain software and hardware information (e.g. the type of browser and operating system your device uses, language preference, access time, etc.) in order to enhance the functionality of our Site. We may also collect information on your activity on the Site (e.g. pages viewed, online browsing, clicks, actions, etc.).
The second type of information Personal Information, which is individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort to identify an individual. Such information includes:
- Device Information: We collect Personal Information from your device. Such information includes geolocation data, IP address, unique identifiers (e.g. MAC address and UUID) and other information which relates to your activity through the Site.
- Registration information: When you register with our Site you will be asked to provide us certain details such as full name; email or physical address.
- Payment information: When you go through the payment process in our Online Store.
How do we collect your information?
We receive your Personal Information from various sources:
- When you voluntarily provide us with your personal details in order to register on our Site;
- When you use or access our Site in connection with your use of our services;
- From third-party providers, services and public registers (for example, traffic analytics vendors).
How is your information used?
We may use the information for the following:
- Communicating with you, such as sending you notices regarding our services, providing you with technical information and responding to any customer service issue you may have;
- To communicate with you and to keep you informed about our latest updates and services;
- To serve you advertisements when you use our Site (see more under “Advertisements”);
- To market our websites and products (see more under “Marketing”);
- For statistical and analytical purposes, intended to improve the Site.
In addition to the different uses listed above, we may transfer or disclose Personal Information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies and subcontractors.
We may also disclose information if we have good reason to believe that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our policies (including our Agreement), including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) investigate, detect, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues; (iv) to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; (v) prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, yourself or any third party; or (vi) for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies and/or in case we find it necessary in order to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights.
A “cookie” is a small piece of information that a website assigns to your device while you are viewing a website. Cookies are very helpful and can be used for various different purposes. These purposes include allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, enabling automatic activation of certain features, remembering your preferences and making the interaction between you and our Services quicker and easier. Cookies are also used to help make sure that the advertisements you see are relevant to you and your interests and to compile statistical data on your use of our Services.
The Site uses the following types of cookies:
- ‘session cookies’ which are stored only temporarily during a browsing session in order to allow normal use of the system and are deleted from your device when the browser is closed;
- ‘persistent cookies’ which are read-only by the Site, saved on your computer for a fixed period and are not deleted when the browser is closed. Such cookies are used where we need to know who you are for repeat visits, for example, to allow us to store your preferences for the next sign-in;
- ‘third-party cookies’ which are set by other online services who run content on the page you are viewing, for example by third-party analytics companies who monitor and analyse our web access.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but Personal Information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. You may remove the cookies by following the instructions of your device preferences; however, if you choose to disable cookies, some features of our Site may not operate properly and your online experience may be limited.
We use a tool which is based on the Snowplow Analytics technology to collect information about your use of the Site. The tool collects information such as how often users access the Site, which pages they visit when they do so, etc. The tool does not collect any Personal Information and is only used by our Site hosting and operating service provider to improve the Site and services.
How do we safeguard your data?
We take great care in implementing and maintaining the security of the Site and your information. Although we take reasonable steps to safeguard information, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorised access or abuse our Site, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access.
Transfer of data outside the EEA
Please note that some data recipients may be located outside the EEA. In such cases, we will transfer your data only to such countries as approved by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection or enter into legal agreements ensuring an adequate level of data protection.
To respect your right to privacy, within such marketing materials we provide you with the means to opt-in of receiving further marketing offers from us, such as signing up to our newsletter. If you later change your mind, you have the right to unsubscribe and we will remove your email address or telephone number from our marketing distribution lists.
Please note that even if you have unsubscribed from receiving marketing emails from us, we may send you other types of important email communications without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them. These may include customer service announcements or administrative notices.
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. The Site is not designed for or directed at children. Under no circumstances shall we allow the use of our services by minors without prior consent or authorisation by a parent or legal guardian. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com
Updates to this policy
You can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.