Women’s Health – The Mummy MOT
A holistic post-natal assessment recommended for all women following delivery, from six weeks after childbirth onwards.
The Mummy MOT is a specialist post-natal assessment recommended for all women following delivery, whether six weeks or many years after. We have a holistic approach starting with a detailed history followed by a musculoskeletal assessment and evaluation. We look at lifestyle issues that can have a major impact on pain and symptoms including sleep, stress and activity levels. We will assess the strength and function of the tummy and pelvic floor muscles to help prevent long-term childbirth related complaints.
Emma James, the Director of The Wellness Hub will perform all of our Mummy MOTs. Please give us a call or drop us an email in order to book.
Who Would Benefit From The Mummy MOT?
- • Women suffering from short and long term pelvic pain
- • Women in need of Pre and post-natal advice and treatment
- • Women with perimenopausal, menopausal and post-menopausal conditions and symptoms
Treatment May Include The Following:
- • Analysing and correcting any breath pattern disorders, teaching breath work and mindfulness to help relax the pelvic floor.
- • Releasing trigger points and tight muscles through manual therapy.
- • Teach patients how to reduce tension in their pelvic floor through specific exercises.
- • Connective tissue manipulation is often required to reduce myofascial pain and improve blood flow.
Aims of Treatment:
- • Correct pelvic floor dysfunction
- • Promote an efficient breathing pattern
- • Deliver oxygen rich blood to the connective tissue and fascia
- • Successful elimination of toxins and restoration of normal microcirculation to pelvic floor and vulva area
- • Improve metabolism and rebalance hormones
- • Eliminate pain
What Does The Mummy MOT Include?
- • One-hour post-natal assessment with a specialist post-natal health physiotherapist
- • In-depth check of pelvic floor strength and tummy gap
- • Assessment of any physical problems arising from pregnancy and birth
- • A bespoke post-natal recovery programme devised especially for you, your lifestyle and fitness goals.
- • This includes specific and safe post-natal exercises to improve stability, posture and core strength